Commemoration Hall to host album launch for upcoming band
- Credit: Archant
Country rock band, The Whistlers, will throw an album release party at the Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon this week.
The evening will see the launch of ‘Midnight Calls’; the groups’ first studio album which is available on April 10.
The band will be joined by special guests Tom Lumley, Oscar Corney and Holly & The Boatman at the event on April 9, with the show due to start at 7:30pm.
Christian Smith, from Chatteris, set up the band and already has experience performing, including helping to organise Chatteris Party in the Park for the last two years.
His new band includes Perrie Hudson on lead guitar, bass guitarist Josh Middleton, and Doug Smith on drums, and the group is set to play the O2 Academy in Islington on May 12.
You may also want to watch:
‘Midnight Calls’ will be available at the launch party, but copies can bought from Amazon, Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play and Bandcamp from April 10.
Tickets for Saturday cost £5 and can be booked online at ticketsource.co.uk/date/FGFMIJ or on the door.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash