Coming up on TV this week: Upstairs Downstairs
THE second series of BBC One’s stylish period drama, Upstairs Downstairs, returned to our TV screens this past Sunday.
Sundays BBC One
PICKING up in 1938, head of the house, Sir Hallam, is increasingly concerned over Hitler’s intentions in Europe.
The first episode (which you can catch up with on BBC i Player) sees the arrival of an eye-catching new maid and a shocking revelation about butler, Mr Pritchard.
You may also want to watch:
This Sunday’s episode deals with the shocking events of Kristallnacht and the Hallam’s determination to rescue Jewish children from Germany.
With the threat of another World War looming, this brand new series is sure to be as dramatic and gripping as the first.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan