Coming up on TV this week: Louis Theroux-Extreme Love: Autism
Louis Theroux turns his investigative skills on a specialist school for autism in the US, and the families of its unpredictable students.
Louis Theroux-Extreme Love: Autism
Thursday 19th April, 9pm
KOOKY investigative television presenter, Louis Theroux, visits an innovative school in New Jersey to find out how their specialist intervention is helping the families of those with autistic spectrum disorders.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly one in a hundred American children is diagnosed with an autistic disorder, which can make it impossible for them to live alongside their families as children, or independently as adults.
In this two-part series, Louis meets young people with varying degrees of autism, including Brian, who set fire to his home and attacked his mother, to bright 13-year-old Joey, and aspiring novelist Nicky.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
One thing they do have in common, are fiercely loyal families who struggle with the decisions they have to make for their loved ones.