Coming up on TV this week: Louis Theroux-Extreme Love: Autism
Louis Theroux turns his investigative skills on a specialist school for autism in the US, and the families of its unpredictable students.
Louis Theroux-Extreme Love: Autism
Thursday 19th April, 9pm
KOOKY investigative television presenter, Louis Theroux, visits an innovative school in New Jersey to find out how their specialist intervention is helping the families of those with autistic spectrum disorders.
Nearly one in a hundred American children is diagnosed with an autistic disorder, which can make it impossible for them to live alongside their families as children, or independently as adults.
In this two-part series, Louis meets young people with varying degrees of autism, including Brian, who set fire to his home and attacked his mother, to bright 13-year-old Joey, and aspiring novelist Nicky.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
One thing they do have in common, are fiercely loyal families who struggle with the decisions they have to make for their loved ones.