Coming up on TV this week: Elizabeth Taylor-Auction of a Lifetime
Channel 4 investigates iconic beauty, Elizabeth Taylor’s, obessession with jewellery, following Christie’s ‘Crown Jewels of Hollywood’ auction after her death last year.
Elizabeth Taylor: Auction of a Lifetime
Wednesday 18th April, 9pm
AFTER the screen legend’s death last year, Christies announced it would be auctioning off some of Taylor’s most iconic pieces, dubbed ‘The Crown Jewels of Hollywood’.
Sales surpassed everyone’s expectations, with some pieces selling for 50 times their pre-sale estimate price.
Christies allowed exclusive access during the making of this documentary, with Joan Collins and Liza Minnelli lending a sound-bite or two also.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Channel 4 speaks with Elizabeth’s nearest and dearest, some of whom have never discussed their relationship with her before, and visits her old haunts in Paris, London, Rome, New York and Los Angeles, to find out why diamonds really were her best friends.