Coming up on TV this week: Elizabeth Taylor-Auction of a Lifetime
Channel 4 investigates iconic beauty, Elizabeth Taylor’s, obessession with jewellery, following Christie’s ‘Crown Jewels of Hollywood’ auction after her death last year.
Elizabeth Taylor: Auction of a Lifetime
Wednesday 18th April, 9pm
AFTER the screen legend’s death last year, Christies announced it would be auctioning off some of Taylor’s most iconic pieces, dubbed ‘The Crown Jewels of Hollywood’.
You may also want to watch:
Sales surpassed everyone’s expectations, with some pieces selling for 50 times their pre-sale estimate price.
Christies allowed exclusive access during the making of this documentary, with Joan Collins and Liza Minnelli lending a sound-bite or two also.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Channel 4 speaks with Elizabeth’s nearest and dearest, some of whom have never discussed their relationship with her before, and visits her old haunts in Paris, London, Rome, New York and Los Angeles, to find out why diamonds really were her best friends.