Comedy history play to come to Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
The self-proclaimed ‘bad boys of abridgement’ are back in town with a new comedy parody.
The Reduced Shakespeare Company is set to take on a mammoth feat by covering humour across the ages from Aristophanes to Vaudeville - and of course the bard himself.
From the high-brow to the low, The Complete History of Comedy (abridged) will take a sweeping look at the funniest moments in history.
The three-man troupe will come to the Key Theatre, Peterborough, on Friday, March 13, where they will do what they do best - taking long, serious subjects and reducing them to short, sharp comedies.
Since 1981 they have created nine stage shows, two television specials, several failed TV pilots and numerous radio pieces.
You may also want to watch:
The company’s first three shows, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), The Complete History of America (abridged) and The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged) enjoyed a nine-year run at the Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly Circus, London.
Following a critically acclaimed season at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2014, the other RSC will set out to reduce the audience to tears of laughter by deconstructing the history of humour in 90 rollicking minutes.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
INFORMATION: Starts at 7.30pm. Tickets £17, with £15 concessions from 01733 207239 or www.vivacity-peterborough.com.