Comedian Tom Allen comes to St Ives, fresh from the Fringe
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from a hugely successful run at the Edinburgh Fringe, the suave and ever-so-slightly waspish Tom Allen is bringing his Absolutely show to St Ives.
The comedian, who was rated as one of the best reviewed shows at the Fringe, will visit the Burgess Hall, in St Ives, on November 16.
The show is soaked in Tom’s signature waspish snobbery and self-aggrandising wit and seeks to address the elephant in the room that Tom is still living at home with his parents in Kent because he can’t afford not to. He shares his up close and personal experiences of suburbia, especially since the referendum. Tom addresses the “difficult times” we live in, but asks if things were actually any better “back in the day”, when he was kid and you could fit 15 kids in one car.
Tom has recently found some independence from his parents by passing his driving test but as insurance is too expensive he’s been added to his mum and dad’s policy for their Ford Fiesta Zetec (1.5 litre engine, 2006, five door, maroon, with a boot that doesn’t close). It’s not glamorous but he has been learning how to deal with road rage, motorways, as well as giving lifts to his mum and dad.
Recently Tom has appeared on: 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Live at the Apollo, The Great British Bake Off’s Extra Slice, The John Bishop Show, Virtually Famous, Channel 4’s Comedy Gala at the O2 and heard on Radio 4’s Just a Minute and co-presenting Loose Ends. In the last year he has also supported Sarah Millican around the world and sold out his Edinburgh and London runs.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £13.20, plus a £1.50 booking fee, and are available from the box office on: 01480 388111. Doors open at 7.30pm, starts at 8pm.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity