Classical treat at Cambridge Corn Exchange
AN ATMOSPHERIC evening of classical music is coming soon to Cambridge.
Four Seasons by Candlelight is a programme of 18th-century classics, offering listeners the chance to be taken back in time to enjoy an evocative night’s entertainment with performers in full period costume.
Performed by the Mozart Festival Orchestra, the evening is rounded off with Antonio Vivaldi’s popular The Four Seasons.
The imaginative staging of the pieces allows classical aficionados and newcomers alike to appreciate how the music would have been performed the very first time.
The production comes to the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Friday, November 26.
As well as Antonio Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, among the favourites being performed on a memorable evening will be Handel’s Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Albinoni’s Adagio and Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
Others include Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, Clarke’s Trumpet Suite and Stanley’s Trumpet Voluntary.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away to see Four Seasons by Candlelight.
To stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply tell us what was Vivaldi’s first name?
Send your answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Four Seasons competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
E-mail entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries should include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Wednesday, November 24. Usual Archant competition rules apply.