Classical treat at Cambridge Corn Exchange
AN ATMOSPHERIC evening of classical music is coming soon to Cambridge.
Four Seasons by Candlelight is a programme of 18th-century classics, offering listeners the chance to be taken back in time to enjoy an evocative night’s entertainment with performers in full period costume.
Performed by the Mozart Festival Orchestra, the evening is rounded off with Antonio Vivaldi’s popular The Four Seasons.
The imaginative staging of the pieces allows classical aficionados and newcomers alike to appreciate how the music would have been performed the very first time.
The production comes to the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Friday, November 26.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Antonio Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, among the favourites being performed on a memorable evening will be Handel’s Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Albinoni’s Adagio and Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
Others include Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, Clarke’s Trumpet Suite and Stanley’s Trumpet Voluntary.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away to see Four Seasons by Candlelight.
To stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply tell us what was Vivaldi’s first name?
Send your answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Four Seasons competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
E-mail entries should be sent to email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Wednesday, November 24. Usual Archant competition rules apply.