Cinema: Song For Marion
- Credit: Archant
TERENCE Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave star in this tender comedy drama.
Crotchety Arthur (Terence Stamp) is married to Marion (Vanessa Redgrave). Much loved by her husband, Marion is dying of cancer and wants to get the maximum enjoyment out of life.
She sings in the local seniors chorus named The OAPZ – so named because the conductor Elizabeth (Gemma Arterton) wants the chorus to sound ‘street’.
Elizabeth’s aim is to introduce the pensioners to contemporary music from artists like Gnarls Barkley as they prepare for an important Choir of the Year competition.
But when Marion is stricken by her illness and unable to participate, it falls to grumpy Arthur to step up to the plate. Will he be able to do his beloved wife proud?
You may also want to watch:
The stage is set for a funny and moving story of reconciliation and the redemptive power of music, featuring the unforgettable image of elderly pensioners crooning Ace of Spades by Motorhead!
The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away to see a film of your choice at Huntingdon’s Cineworld.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us what James Bond film Gemma Arterton has starred in.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to Cineworld competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.