Cinema: Song For Marion
- Credit: Archant
TERENCE Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave star in this tender comedy drama.
Crotchety Arthur (Terence Stamp) is married to Marion (Vanessa Redgrave). Much loved by her husband, Marion is dying of cancer and wants to get the maximum enjoyment out of life.
She sings in the local seniors chorus named The OAPZ – so named because the conductor Elizabeth (Gemma Arterton) wants the chorus to sound ‘street’.
Elizabeth’s aim is to introduce the pensioners to contemporary music from artists like Gnarls Barkley as they prepare for an important Choir of the Year competition.
But when Marion is stricken by her illness and unable to participate, it falls to grumpy Arthur to step up to the plate. Will he be able to do his beloved wife proud?
The stage is set for a funny and moving story of reconciliation and the redemptive power of music, featuring the unforgettable image of elderly pensioners crooning Ace of Spades by Motorhead!
The Hunts Post has three pairs of tickets to give away to see a film of your choice at Huntingdon’s Cineworld.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us what James Bond film Gemma Arterton has starred in.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to Cineworld competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.