CINEMA COMPETITION: A Most Violent Year (15)
- Credit: A24
Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain star in a gritty thriller set in crime-ridden New York City in the 1980s.
Young immigrant Abel Morales (Oscar Isaac) is a firm believer in the American Dream. Through hard graft, he’s worked his way up the ladder and now runs a heating oil company. Along the way, he married his former boss’s daughter, Anna (Jessica Chastain), and they live in a nice suburban home with their children.
But this is corrupt, crime-ridden New York City in 1981. His crooked competitors don’t take kindly to an honest businessman in their midst. So they launch a campaign of dirty tricks and violent intimidation that even puts Abel’s family in the firing line. Meanwhile, the DA (David Oyelowo) launches an investigation into his business.
Writer/director J.C. Chandor follows the Oscar-nominated Margin Call and All Is Lost with this dark, morally murky drama set against the backdrop of the most violent year in New York City’s history.
The Hunts Post has six pairs of tickets - three for Cineworld Huntingdon and three for Cineworld St Neots - to give away.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which 2012 film Chastain starred in as Maya.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
Closing date is Wednesday, February 11.