CINEMA COMPETITION: A Most Violent Year (15)
- Credit: A24
Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain star in a gritty thriller set in crime-ridden New York City in the 1980s.
Young immigrant Abel Morales (Oscar Isaac) is a firm believer in the American Dream. Through hard graft, he’s worked his way up the ladder and now runs a heating oil company. Along the way, he married his former boss’s daughter, Anna (Jessica Chastain), and they live in a nice suburban home with their children.
But this is corrupt, crime-ridden New York City in 1981. His crooked competitors don’t take kindly to an honest businessman in their midst. So they launch a campaign of dirty tricks and violent intimidation that even puts Abel’s family in the firing line. Meanwhile, the DA (David Oyelowo) launches an investigation into his business.
Writer/director J.C. Chandor follows the Oscar-nominated Margin Call and All Is Lost with this dark, morally murky drama set against the backdrop of the most violent year in New York City’s history.
The Hunts Post has six pairs of tickets - three for Cineworld Huntingdon and three for Cineworld St Neots - to give away.
You may also want to watch:
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which 2012 film Chastain starred in as Maya.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
Closing date is Wednesday, February 11.