Christmas concerts from Buckden singers
- Credit: Archant
There will be two opportunities to catch The Aragon Singers of Buckden giving a concert of Christmas music, as well as joining the choir with some carols.
The first is at 3pm on Sunday (December 14) at St Laurence’s Church, Diddington, followed by a performance at St Neots United Reformed Church on Friday, December 19, at 7pm.
Guests will be treated to Night of Miracles (A Christmas Cantata) by John W Peterson, as well as carols for audience participation at both events.
At the St Neots concert, the performers will give a rendition of Christmas Flowers and Mary’s Carol from The Manchester Carols by Carol Ann Duffy and Sasha Johnson Manning. There will also be recitals of pieces such as O Tannenbaum, In Dulci Jubilo, All Bells in Paradise, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, and Welsh carol Tua Bethlem Dref.
In addition, attendees can get into the Christmas spirit by indulging in some festive treats along the way.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Entry to the concert on Sunday costs £5 on the door, including mulled wine and mince pies. All proceeds will go towards the upkeep of St Laurence’s Church. Admission to the St Neots United Reformed Church show also costs £5 on the door, with tea, coffee and mince pies covered by the price. Funds raised will be donated to Christian Aid to support women in Kenya and their newborn babies.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens