Offord Players to perform Ayckbourn’s A Chorus of Disapproval
- Credit: Archant
The Offord Players will be performing A Chorus of Disapproval on May 16/17/18.
The play, written by Alan Ayckbourn, is a comedy play within a play and is being directed by Sarah Hogben.
A shy widower attempts to escape from his loneliness by joining his local amateur light operatic society. Then, by accident, rather than design, (as he cannot in fact say 'no' to anything, be it a request to obtain confidential information from his company or an offer of illicit sex!) he advances from newcomer to taking the leading role.
As the play unfolds Alan Ayckbourn, skillfully draws parallels between John Gay's The Beggar's Opera to the day-to-day activities of the amateur society members performing it.
Throughout the play the characters keep us entertained as they bound from one rehearsal to the next and keep us laughing as their real-life dramas seem to be brought to life on stage more than their actual character parts are.
You may also want to watch:
This fast paced play is guaranteed to leave the audience on an exhausted high.
A Chorus of Disapproval is being performed at Offord Village Hall on May 16/17/18 at 7:30pm. Tickets are available from: www.ticketsource.co.uk/theoffordplayers.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31