Offord Players to perform Ayckbourn’s A Chorus of Disapproval
- Credit: Archant
The Offord Players will be performing A Chorus of Disapproval on May 16/17/18.
The play, written by Alan Ayckbourn, is a comedy play within a play and is being directed by Sarah Hogben.
A shy widower attempts to escape from his loneliness by joining his local amateur light operatic society. Then, by accident, rather than design, (as he cannot in fact say 'no' to anything, be it a request to obtain confidential information from his company or an offer of illicit sex!) he advances from newcomer to taking the leading role.
As the play unfolds Alan Ayckbourn, skillfully draws parallels between John Gay's The Beggar's Opera to the day-to-day activities of the amateur society members performing it.
Throughout the play the characters keep us entertained as they bound from one rehearsal to the next and keep us laughing as their real-life dramas seem to be brought to life on stage more than their actual character parts are.
This fast paced play is guaranteed to leave the audience on an exhausted high.
A Chorus of Disapproval is being performed at Offord Village Hall on May 16/17/18 at 7:30pm. Tickets are available from: www.ticketsource.co.uk/theoffordplayers.
- 1 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates