Check out our Hunts Post guide to the Christmas Lights switch-ons in the area
- Credit: Archant
Communities across Huntingdonshire will embrace the festive spirit in the coming weeks, as the Christmas light switch-ons get underway. See where to find your nearest switch-on here:
BURY village Christmas lights switch-on, November 25, at 5pm. Taking place outside Bury Stores, in High Street, PE26 2NR.
ST NEOTS Christmas lights switch-on takes place on November 27. There will be a Christmas gift and food market, with mulled wine, Santa’s grotto, children’s entertainment and funfair, with the lights switch-on at 5pm.
The event runs from midday till 6pm and will end with a firework display.
HUNTINGDON Christmas lights switch-on will culminate an afternoon of festive fun on November 20.
You may also want to watch:
There will be fairground rides and community stalls along with performances from Huntingdon Male Voice Choir and a chance to visit the animals taking part in The Huntingdon Live Nativity, with the lights switch-on at 5pm which will include a laser light show and a snow cannon.
The events runs from 1pm-5.30pm.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
ST IVES Christmas market and Christmas lights switch-on will be on November 20. The event, in Market Hill, will run from 10.30am to 6pm, with the lights being turned on at 5pm.
GODMANHCESTER Christmas market and lights switch-on will take place on December 2. The event at the Town Hall and QE School will take place from 5 to 8pm.
RAMSEY: Ramsey is spreading Christmas cheer from 1pm all the way through to 8pm on November 26 for its festive switch-on, celebrating half a century of the tradition this year.
The day, in Great Whyte, will see fairground rides, local traders, community groups raising funds, and groups performing.
WARBOYS Christmas lights switch-on will be on November 26 at 5pm at The Weir, High Street. The event will be around the Christmas tree, with carols sung by Warboys Community Primary School from 4.45pm.
Father Christmas will arrive for 5pm, distributing sweets to children.
Refreshments will also be available, such as mulled wine, mince pies, squash, and sweets donated by SDE Civils of St Ives.