Centre Theatre Players preparing to perform Aladdin in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
The St Ives-based Centre Theatre Players are preparing for their upcoming pantomime - Aladdin which will be performed at the Burgess Hall.
Especially written for the Players by Graham Lloyd and Dick Chalkley, the 2016 Pantomime is the classic traditional tale and it will be showing at the venue from January 13-17.
The Centre Theatre Players have gained an excellent reputation in the area for the high standard of seasonal productions winning the coveted NODA award for the best pantomime in the district six times out of the last seven years.
The Players were formed in 1974 shortly after the opening of the St Ivo Centre, as it was originally known. The main purpose of the group was to provide workshop facilities, but it wasn’t long before the group gained in popularity and the centre management were asking The Players to stage larger scale productions using the Burgess Hall.
“Since 1978, The Players have provided the town with excellent seasonal entertainment ranging from classics to rock nativities and, of course, the ever popular traditional pantomime,” said Dick Chalkley.
You may also want to watch:
“Another important part of the annual programme is charity work. Each year we devote one weekend in September to present a charity cabaret style show. To date we have raised £60,000, which has been donated to more than 30 charities.”
INFO: Tickets are £8 from One Leisure on 01480 388500 or to choose your own seats, go to: www.burgesshall.ticketsource.co.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer