Celebrate New Year with classic ballet performance in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
One of the first shows of 2017 will be dedicated to a classic dance performance at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
Swan Lake, performed by The Saint Petersburg Classic Ballet, will take to the stage on January 1 – a tragic tale of love and betrayal with enchanting musical solos.
Having just finished their successful premiere tour, the group’s spectacular version of Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece is a perfect introduction to ballet and will showcase the very best seeing it live.
The story follows Prince Siegfried and his love, Odette, who is tricked by an evil sorcerer, Von Rothbart.
Appearing as a swan and then turning into a beautiful woman, Odette tells the prince she can only be saved if he swears eternal fidelity to her.
But an innocent mistake soon ends in disaster when the Von Rothbart’s daughter plots to end their love.
Supported by a full orchestra and outstanding soloists, the show promises to bring plenty of festive magic this season.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Tickets start at £17.75 and include a £2.75 booking fee when bought online.
To book, call 01223 357851 or visit cambridgelivetrust.co.uk.