Celebrate New Year with classic ballet performance in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
One of the first shows of 2017 will be dedicated to a classic dance performance at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
Swan Lake, performed by The Saint Petersburg Classic Ballet, will take to the stage on January 1 – a tragic tale of love and betrayal with enchanting musical solos.
Having just finished their successful premiere tour, the group’s spectacular version of Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece is a perfect introduction to ballet and will showcase the very best seeing it live.
The story follows Prince Siegfried and his love, Odette, who is tricked by an evil sorcerer, Von Rothbart.
Appearing as a swan and then turning into a beautiful woman, Odette tells the prince she can only be saved if he swears eternal fidelity to her.
You may also want to watch:
But an innocent mistake soon ends in disaster when the Von Rothbart’s daughter plots to end their love.
Supported by a full orchestra and outstanding soloists, the show promises to bring plenty of festive magic this season.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
Tickets start at £17.75 and include a £2.75 booking fee when bought online.
To book, call 01223 357851 or visit cambridgelivetrust.co.uk.