Celebrate New Year with classic ballet performance in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
One of the first shows of 2017 will be dedicated to a classic dance performance at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
Swan Lake, performed by The Saint Petersburg Classic Ballet, will take to the stage on January 1 – a tragic tale of love and betrayal with enchanting musical solos.
Having just finished their successful premiere tour, the group’s spectacular version of Tchaikovsky’s masterpiece is a perfect introduction to ballet and will showcase the very best seeing it live.
The story follows Prince Siegfried and his love, Odette, who is tricked by an evil sorcerer, Von Rothbart.
Appearing as a swan and then turning into a beautiful woman, Odette tells the prince she can only be saved if he swears eternal fidelity to her.
But an innocent mistake soon ends in disaster when the Von Rothbart’s daughter plots to end their love.
Supported by a full orchestra and outstanding soloists, the show promises to bring plenty of festive magic this season.
- 1 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 2 Principal at St Ivo Academy 'so proud' of students A-level achievements
- 3 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 4 Hinchingbrooke School receive improved A-Level results
- 5 Nearly half of Kimbolton students receive A or A* grades in A-level results
- 6 Longsands Sixth Form students celebrating 'fantastic' A-level results
- 7 Abbey College students celebrate 'fantastic' set of A-Level results
- 8 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 9 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 10 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
Tickets start at £17.75 and include a £2.75 booking fee when bought online.
To book, call 01223 357851 or visit cambridgelivetrust.co.uk.