Ceilidh to come to Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon will play host to a traditional Gaelic knees-up at the Commemoration Hall.
Ceilidh band Wide Glide – who have made a name for themselves in Cambridgeshire and the surrounding counties over the last 20 years – are renowned for their foot-tapping renditions of English, Irish, and Scottish folk music.
The regular line-up includes accordion, fiddle, bass, melodeon and often additional instruments to add to the rhythmic drive of the band.
Calling the ceilidh will be Sibby, who has become a popular figure on the folk scene through his appearances at clubs, on the radio, and at festivals.
Dust off your dancing shoes and grab your family and friends for a Gaelic gathering bound to keep you entertained.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Starts at 7.30pm on Friday, September 19. Tickets cost £12.50, including a ploughman’s supper. Attendees are asked to buy their tickets before September 12. Tickets are available from Huntingdon Town Hall in person, by calling 01480 411883, or online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/patch. For more, visit www.commhall.org.uk or www.sibby.org.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children