Car Park Panto driving into IWM Duxford to bring some Christmas cheer
- Credit: Ian Tilton
Car Park Panto is back this Christmas and the people behind Horrible Histories will be arriving at IWM Duxford with their festive drive-in show.
Following a sold out tour in 2020, Horrible Christmas can be seen at IWM Duxford on Saturday, December 18. There will be performances at 2pm and 5pm.
The 2021 tour also visits London Stansted Airport the following day, again with shows at 2pm and 5pm.
With the closing of theatres across the country in December 2020, Birmingham Stage Company and Coalition Presents worked together last Christmas by putting on the world's first drive-in panto.
Horrible Christmas is a unique Covid-secure experience, where kids – and adults – are able to jump and down in their own seats, cheer and make as much noise as they like.
Not strictly speaking a typical panto, it will still get everyone into the festive spirit from the comfort and security of their own cars.
Neal Foster, actor/manager of Birmingham Stage Company, said: “We were amazed and thrilled how totally successful the Car Park Party productions proved to be during the last 18 months – and we’re delighted to be back on tour again with our Horrible Histories production of Horrible Christmas!
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 7 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 8 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Back after Zoom meetings and in fine voice
"It turns live theatre into a truly unique and festive event!”
When Christmas comes under threat from a jolly man dressed in red, it’s up to one young boy to save the day – but can he save Christmas?
From Victorian villains to Medieval monks, Puritan parties to Tudor treats, join Car Park Panto on a hair-raising adventure through the history of Christmas in the company of Charles Dickens, Oliver Cromwell, King Henry VIII and St Nicholas as they all join forces to save the festive season.
From the creative team behind Horrible Histories, this hilarious, moving story of Christmas is set to wow thousands of families across the country this year.
Christmas is often the first time a child experiences live theatre and sometimes the cost of taking a family can be prohibitive over the festive period.
The price of a Car Park Panto ticket covers the vehicle, not the number of family members you cram inside.
Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday, September 3.
There are limited tickets for each show priced at £49.50 per car (£2.50 booking fee applies). Tickets and T&Cs are available at carparkparty.com