Circus production will fuse circus skills with theatre
- Credit: Archant
A circus production fusing juggling, choreography and theatre, called Gibbon, will be at Cambridge Junction on April 24.
Chris Patfield and Jose Triguero have produced a show that the Guardian called “seriously interesting and wryly amusing”.
Gibbon takes inspiration from the world of dance, mixing different art forms with juggling, exploring ideas through movement and devised theatre.
The show has been described as slick and thought-provoking. Circus Diaries said: “We enter to see two people posing as if for a portrait, one on a chair, the other stood behind.
“They stay there, awkwardly glancing at each other and the audience, until Patfield moves away to reveal he isn’t wearing any trousers.
“The mesmerising manipulation and dry comedy left me wanting more.”
INFO: 7.30pm, 55 minutes. Tickets, £12.50/£8 from 01223 511511 or junction.co.uk.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told