Fame the Musical celebrates 30th anniversary at the Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Fame the musical will be at Cambridge Arts Theatre from April 29 to May 4, on the 30th anniversary of the show.
It stars Keith Jack (from the BBC television talet show to find the cast for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat), Mica Paris (Love Me Tender, Chicago) and Jorgie Porter (Hollyoaks and Dancing on Ice).
Based on the 1980 film, Fame the Musical is reputed as the most difficult dance show for dancers to audition for. The title song won an Oscar.
The story follows the lives of students at New York’s High School for the Performing Arts as they navigate their way through the highs and lows, the romances and heartbreaks and the ultimate elation of life.
It explores the issues that confront many young people today, prejudice, pride, literacy, sexuality, substance abuse and perseverance.
You may also want to watch:
Shows 7.45pm with Thursday and Saturday matinees 2.30pm. Tickets, 01223 503333 or cambridgeartstheatre.com.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home