The Worst Witch comes to the Arts Theatre in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
An adaptation of Jill Murphy’s The Worst Witch will be staged at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, from February 6-10.
The Worst Witch is an action-packed and full of songs, music and magic for children aged seven,plus.
Mildred Hubble, the good-hearted, but accident-prone ordinary girl, begins her first year at Miss Cackles
Academy for Witches. As she struggles to fit in, Mildred’s inevitable mayhem upsets her nemesis, fellow
student Ethel Hallow and deputy headmistress Miss Hardbroom, just as an old enemy returns with a
You may also want to watch:
plan for revenge that threatens the academy and the world.
The Worst Witch is adapted for the stage by Emma Reeves (Royal Television Society Award for Best
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Children’s TV Programme and 2017 British Screenwriters Award for Best Children’s Programme), who
adapted the books for the CBBC series and directed by Theresa Heskin (2017 UK Theatre Award for Best
Show for Children and Young People).
The Worst Witch series contains eight books in total, published from 1974 to 2018. The books have
become some of the most successful titles on the Young Puffin paperback list having sold more than five
In 1986 a TV film of the same title was produced starring Tim Curry and Dame Diana Rigg.
Between 1998 and 2001 the books were adapted for CITV running for three series spawning two spin
off’s Weirdsister College (2001) and The New Worst Witch (2004 – 2007). In July 2017 a new series was
released internationally on Netflix as a Netflix Original.
Tickets for the show are priced at £21 for adults and £17 for children and are available from the box office on: 01223 503333/ www.cambridgeartstheatre.com.