Burt the Binman book signing in St Neots on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Burt the Binman co-authors Fleur and William Bateman will be signing copies of their new book in Waterstones, in St Neots, on Saturday.
Burt the Binman and the Great Storm was co-written by Fleur and her 12-year-old son William and is the second book in the Burt series. The idea for this latest book came when William observed wreckage on the beach at Southwold after a storm.
“It was literally penned as we sat on the beach at Southwold and William explained to me that much of the debris could not be recycled,” said Fleur.
Waterstones in St Neots agreed to stock the book after customers started to come in and ask for the Burt books.
“We are really chuffed that such a big name bookshop has agreed to stock the Burt books and we are looking forward to the book signing on Saturday. There will be lots of activities for children as we have organised a colouring competition for someone to win a signed copy of the new book.”
You may also want to watch:
Fleur’s campaign to promote awareness about recycling and waste to the younger generation is now widely recognised.
“It is so important to get the message across to this next generation who will hopefully see recycling as a natural thing for them to do. There is good evidence to show that we need to make changes to the way we do things.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Fleur, from Great Paxton, was inspired to write after struggling to find appropriate material for William who was fascinated by refuse lorries and collections.
The book signing takes place between 2pm and 4pm at Waterstones. Colouring sheets are available from Waterstones or can be downloaded from the website: wwwburtthebinman.co.uk.