Buckfest Music Festival sells out hours after tickets go on sale
- Credit: Archant
Buckfest Music Festival organisers are on “cloud nine” after this year’s event sold out just hours after the tickets went on sale.
Keen festival-goers were queuing up outside Days of Buckden at 8am to snap up tickets for this year’s event on July 14.
Committee member Nicky Warnock said all 1800 tickets sold out on Saturday.
“It became apparent by mid-morning that tickets were selling more quickly than ever before,” said Nicky.
“We had a small queue of people at Days of Buckden at 8am which is when we knew it would be a good day.”
Tickets sold out within four days in 2017, and within a week in 2016.
“The festival is gaining popularity year on year and we are so grateful for everyone’s support and the close links with The Hunts Post and Black Cat 107 who helped to get the message out across the local community,” Nicky added.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
Buckfest currently has a licence for 2,000 people, in addition to the 1800 tickets sold to festival-goers they are also allocated to bands and traders.
Organisers say they do not currently have plans to increase capacity significantly.
“Buckfest is a community festival and we are keen to keep it as such, we also want the Village Club to continue to benefit from the event as it is their main source of income.”
People who were not able to get tickets are advised to join the Buckfest Music Festival group on Facebook – tickets often become available nearer to the date of the festival and those with spare tickets will offer them to others at face value.