Bryan Adams in concert in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are still available for a summer concert in Peterborough featuring Canadian superstar Bryan Adams.
Adams, a multi-platinum selling artist, brings his Get Up tour to The Embankment on August 5.
Concert promoter LCC Live has revealed that tickets are selling exceptionally well, beyond initial expectations.
Les Kidger, director of LCC Live, said: “We’ve had a superb response from fans, keen to see Bryan Adams perform outdoors in Peterborough. “We’re really encouraged by ticket sales with five months still to go before the show, which is testament to Bryan Adams’ popularity.
It’s now all systems go as we prepare to deliver a family-fun, festival type atmosphere on The Embankment to give Bryan Adams fans a night to remember.”
Speaking in November when announcing the Peterborough show, Bryan Adams said: “I’m delighted to be back on the road. It will give me an opportunity to perform tracks from my latest album, Get Up, as well as some of my earlier classics. It’s going to be a special show, performing outdoors in Peterborough and I hope my fans can join me.”
Adams kicked off his Get Up world-wide tour in America earlier this month. It follows the release of his latest studio album, Get Up, in October to much acclaim. It was produced by famed ELO frontman Jeff Lynne and features nine new songs and four acoustic numbers.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Tickets are on sale priced from £49 and are available online at: www.ticketline.co.uk or by phone: 0844 888 9991.
Adams has enjoyed musical acclaim over the last 35 years. Some of his best-known albums were 18 til I Die, Waking up the Neighbours, but it was his Reckless album which truly propelled him into the stratosphere of pop music’s ruling elite. The album spawned timeless and huge singles such as Heaven, Summer of 69, Run to You and One Night Love Affair. The album peaked at number one on the official chart in the US and his Everything I Do, I Do it for You single, which topped the singles charts worldwide including a whopping 16-week run at the top of the UK singles charts in 1991. The song featured in the film Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and for this Mr Adams received his first Academy Award nomination and Golden Globe nomination.