Bruce Springsteen’s pal to play in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Legendary American songwriter, virtuoso guitarist and pianist Nils Lofgren is returning to the UK this week.
He will take to the stage at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Friday (January 9) with his special guest, multi-instrumentalist Greg Varlotta.
After touring with Bruce Springsteen as a long-time member of the E Street Band on both the 2012-13 Wrecking Ball tour and the 2014 High Hopes tour, Lofgren is back to perform his own legendary live show.
Known for his world-class guitar playing and his on-stage acrobatics, he has become a rock star in his own right.
He is celebrated as a superb frontman, both with the band Grin and under his own name.
You may also want to watch:
Recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the E Street Band, he also released his new album Face the Music last year.
A real fan treat will take place when he is joined for an acoustic set by Varlotta. Expect classic Lofgren favourites like Shine Silently, I Came to Dance, Keith Don’t Go and many others from his vast back catalogue.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
INFORMATION: The concert will start at 8pm. Ticket prices range from £31 to £41. To book, call the box office on 01223 357851 or alternatively, visit www.cornex.co.uk. For more, including a list of Lofgren’s upcoming tour dates, go to www.nilslofgren.com.