Brit Award winner Laura Marling to play Cambridge Folk Festival
BRIT Award winner Laura Marling is one of the acts announced for this year’s Cambridge Folk Festival.
Marling, who won Best British Solo Female at the 2011 awards, will play on the Sunday night of the festival which starts on Thursday, July 28.
Other major acts announced by the festival organiser today (Wednesday) include Newton Faulkner, Richard Thompson and Kate Rusby.
BBC Radio 2 Folk Award winners Chris Wood and Bellowhead will also feature along with multiple Grammy and CMA Award winner Mary Chapin Carpenter.
The festival says expect to see more major names announced soon.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Full festival tickets costs �114, Friday �39, Saturday �50 and Sunday �50. Online booking and full information about camping can be found at www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk or call 01223 357851.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan