Book launch and festive crafts at The Norris Museum in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
A childrens’ book called Pebbles and Friends: A Christmas Adventure is being launched at The Norris Museum on November 11.
The book has been self-published by Robert Clarke and Hannah Vandridge, who is the museum’s learning and outreach officer.
The original book, containing the first three stories in the Pebbles and Friends series, is available to buy in The Norris Museum shop.
A Christmas Adventure will be available to buy from the museum after the event. Families will have the opportunity to listen to the new story, read by the authors and discover the real-life pets behind the characters. There will also be festive family crafts, based on the characters, running throughout the morning, including making Christmas decorations and Pebbles and Friends Christmas Hunt Challenge.
The book launch is the first of a series of events coming up at the venue in the run-up to Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
November 11 - Festive crafts and Pebbles and Friends story time, from 10am till midday. Free event.
November 28 - Oh Whistle sees Robert Lloyd Parry perform two ghost stories by M R James at 7pm. Tickets, including refreshments, are £10.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
December 2 - family fun day with ice-themed crafts and games. Mince pies and hot chocolate available at the free event, from 10am till 4pm.
December 11 - Sherlock at Christmas - Rober Lloyd Parry will perform a rehearsed reading of The Adventures of the Blue Carbuncle by Arthur Conan Doyle, starts at 3.30pm. Reserve a place by calling 01480 497314.
For more information, or to book seats or buy tickets, go to: www.norrismuseum.org.uk.