Book Jam event will welcome authors and illustrators and inspire youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms from across the district are expected to descend on St Ives next week for the town’s annual Book Jam.
Now in its sixth year, the event encourages creativity and reading, and will welcome a host of authors and illustrators at the town’s corn exchange for children to get inspired by.
The event, on May 20, is also set to see plenty of books available to buy, free workshops to take part in, and signing sessions.
Among the guests will be cartoonist Gary Northfield and illustrator Harriet Muncaster, while other workshops will welcome fellow illustrator Alison Limentani and educational animal party group, Lion Learners.
Other sessions are scheduled to include Pam Smy, Marion Lindsay, Trudi Esberger and Matt Buckingham.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a soft play area for children to take advantage of, as well as a colouring table to get the creative juices flowing.
The event will reveal the winner of this year’s writing competition too, which asked youngsters to imagine what their favourite characters get up to when the library lights go out.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The day will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm with free admission.
For more, visit stivesbookjam.com.