Book Jam event in St Ives will inspire youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms from across the district are expected to descend on St Ives next week for the town’s annual Book Jam.
Now in its sixth year, the event encourages creativity and reading, and will welcome a host of authors and illustrators at the town’s corn exchange for children to get inspired by.
The event, on May 20, is also set to see plenty of books available to buy, free workshops to take part in, and signing sessions.
Among the guests will be cartoonist Gary Northfield and illustrator Harriet Muncaster, while other workshops will welcome fellow illustrator Alison Limentani and educational animal party group, Lion Learners.
Other sessions are scheduled to include Pam Smy, Marion Lindsay, Trudi Esberger and Matt Buckingham.
There will also be a soft play area for children to take advantage of, as well as a colouring table to get the creative juices flowing.
The event will reveal the winner of this year’s writing competition too, which asked youngsters to imagine what their favourite characters get up to when the library lights go out.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
The day will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm with free admission.
For more, visit stivesbookjam.com.