Book Jam event in St Ives will inspire youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms from across the district are expected to descend on St Ives next week for the town’s annual Book Jam.
Now in its sixth year, the event encourages creativity and reading, and will welcome a host of authors and illustrators at the town’s corn exchange for children to get inspired by.
The event, on May 20, is also set to see plenty of books available to buy, free workshops to take part in, and signing sessions.
Among the guests will be cartoonist Gary Northfield and illustrator Harriet Muncaster, while other workshops will welcome fellow illustrator Alison Limentani and educational animal party group, Lion Learners.
Other sessions are scheduled to include Pam Smy, Marion Lindsay, Trudi Esberger and Matt Buckingham.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a soft play area for children to take advantage of, as well as a colouring table to get the creative juices flowing.
The event will reveal the winner of this year’s writing competition too, which asked youngsters to imagine what their favourite characters get up to when the library lights go out.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The day will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm with free admission.
For more, visit stivesbookjam.com.