Boney M and the Desmond Dekker Band on Parker’s Piece this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Boney M and the Desmond Dekker Band will all be performing at the Big Weekend in Cambridge which takes place this weekend.
The event, which is free, is on Parker’s Piece from July 8-10.
Kicking off with a huge fireworks display, the event will see Boney M and Dario G perform on Friday, before The Selecter, and The Dowsing Sound Collective hit the stage on Saturday.
Also performing on July 9 will be Desmond Dekker Band the Aces and The Treatment and Sunday is World Music Day.
The weekend, which this year has been given the theme, ‘health and wellbeing’, will also have a range of activities on offer, such as face painting, science and sports workshops, storytelling, food stalls, and even a pop-up art gallery.
You may also want to watch:
The free event will be brought to a close with a day of world music and the Cambridge Mela – on July 10 from midday till 8pm - celebrating diversity in the city.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service