Boldfield concerts continue at Cambridge venue
- Credit: Archant
The Boldfield Series of Orchestral Concerts at the Cambridge Corn Exchange continues on Friday, November 1 with the Philharmonia Orchestra playing Sibelius’ Lemminkainen’s Return, Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No 2 and excerpts from Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake.
This concert will be conducted by Santtu-Matias Rouvali with Nikolai Lugansky on the piano.
On Saturday, November 30, Vladimir Ashkenazy will conduct the Philharmonia with Sayaka Shoji on the violin, playing Grieg's Holberg Suite, Brahms' Violin Concerto and Dvorak's Symphony No 9 From the New World.
This is the 30th anniversary of the orchestral concerts at the venue, which are now sponsored by Boldfield Computing.
Concerts are at 7.30pm and there are discount packages for people booking seven, eight or nine concerts.
You may also want to watch:
Standard tickets, for people over 26, are £28, £34 and £44 - or £17 with no view. Under 26 or students, £5 from 01223 357851 or cornex.co.uk/orchestral.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer