Blues Brothers come to the Peterborough Broadway
THIRTY years after the Blues Brothers burst onto our screens, they’re back with a vengeance, and The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away to the show.
THIRTY years after the Blues Brothers burst on to our screens, they’re back with a vengeance – and The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to give away to the show.
The All New Original Tribute to the Blues Brothers was a hit musical in the West End as well as enjoying a sell-out UK tour in 2010.
This summer, the boys are back in town with a fresh production of the show that became a soundtrack to a generation.
Brad Henshaw, who plays Jake Blues as well as directing the show, said: “There’s such a breadth of material by the Blues Brothers that we were able to mix things up and give the show a bit of a revamp.
“It’s testimony to the amazing work of John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd that we’ve been able to do this.
“The Blues Brothers was one of the first shows of its kind, and the new production has a brand new set list, new songs, some new cast members and some new sketches.”
- 1 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 2 Principal at St Ivo Academy 'so proud' of students A-level achievements
- 3 Hinchingbrooke School receive improved A-Level results
- 4 Abbey College students celebrate 'fantastic' set of A-Level results
- 5 Nearly half of Kimbolton students receive A or A* grades in A-level results
- 6 Longsands Sixth Form students celebrating 'fantastic' A-level results
- 7 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 8 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy 'incredibly proud' of all Sixth Form students
- 10 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
Backed by one of Europe’s finest seven-piece bands and the inimitable three ‘Bluettes’ on vocals, Henshaw and Aussie Dan Fletcher do a magnificent job bringing this show to life.
Complete with iconic pork-pie hats, sunglasses and suits, the duo reel off a catalogue of the most memorable hits including Respect, Gimme Some Loving, Shake a Tail Feather and Everybody Needs Somebody to Love.
The story follows the antics of Jake and Elwood Blues. After Jake is released from prison the two brothers go to visit the old home where they were raised by nuns.
They discover that, unless $5,000 tax on the property is paid within 11 days, the property will be sold.
To help out, the brothers decide to revive their old blues band and stage a charity gig, but seem to make more enemies than friends along the way.
To stand a chance of winning tickets to the show just tell us the name of the two Blues Brothers.
Send your answer on a postcard or a sealed envelope to: Blues Brother Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 Hugh Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.
Entries should reach us by Wednesday, May 25. Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: The show is at the Broadway Theatre, Peterborough, from Tuesday, May 31 to Saturday, June 4, at 8pm with 5pm matinees on Friday and Saturday. Tickets, �15.50-�26.50, are available by calling 0844 850 0850 or by visiting www.thyebroadwaytheatre.co.uk