Big Top Company show just gets “bigger and better”
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Big Top Company performance in St Neots was a huge success, according to director and dance teacher Tom Langdale.
More than 30 young people from dance schools in the area performed in the Peter Pan in Narnia Land show, which was a follow-up to last year’s performance of Aladdin and the hugely successful The Grinch Who Stole Panto in 2015.
Peter Pan in Narnia Land and provided a twist on the popular tale of the boy who never grew up, with dashing heroes, singing mermaids, daft Indians, swashbuckling pirates and the villainous Captain Hook.
“We enjoyed a successful run of shows which went down a treat with the audiences,” said Mr Langdale.
“After seven successful shows, which were full of learning curves and fantastic memories, we will be trying something new year with a family musical in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
“Lisa Parmenter, who played Hook, wowed the crowds with her knock-out belting voice.”
Some of the cast performed at the St Neots Christmas lights event on Sunday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
“Each year just gets bigger and better. For this year, the set was bigger, the aerial displays were bigger and the performances was also bigger. We just have everything you know and love in a good panto - and so much more,” added Mr Langdale.
INFO: Big Top Company at: www.bigtopco.com.