Best talent to perform in Buckden for community music festival
- Credit: Archant
A community music festival will showcase the best talent that the area has to offer.
Buckfest – held on the playing field at Buckden Village Club – will include sets from bands which promise to appeal to a range of tastes.
On the main stage will be The Sidekicks, Barefoot Doctors, Violet Bones, Walkway, Beautiful Sleazy, Fred’s House, Mojo Slide, and The Vees. Meanwhile, the acts treating the audience to acoustic music on a dedicated stage are Hodgkin and Miller, George Smith, Finkel Brothers, Fern Teather, Tiger Blue, Max Wildwood, and Thy Last Drop.
There will also be plenty to keep visitors entertained with a giant slide, face painting, gifts, clothing and jewellery stalls, a BBQ, hog roast, a mini cider festival and licensed bar.
The event is run by a volunteer committee, led by Rick Holden, and its main sponsors for this year are GPR Cars and Clearview Installations. The organisers are also calling for those interested in volunteering to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Rick Holden, festival organiser, said: “Buckfest 2014 will be our biggest event to date. The festival has gone from strength to strength over the last few years, so much so that we now have a licence for 1,000 people. The festival plays a vital role in supporting Buckden Village Club and also has a local nominated charity every year. This year we are supporting East Anglia’s Childrens Hospice, a very worthy cause. Buckfest is a great family day out so come along and join the fun.”
INFORMATION: Gates open at 11.30am on Saturday, July 19. Wristbands, which can be purchased in advance or on the day, cost £3 per adult and are free for accompanied under 14s. For more and to buy wristbands call 07808 185576.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'