Best of Britain coming to Brampton for lively and comical musical
WORKS by some of Britain’s much-loved writers and composers will be given a humorous twist and brought to life on stage in Brampton later this month.
Brampton Choral Society is presenting an evening of words and music entitled The Best of British at Brampton Park Theatre from Wednesday, June 30 to Saturday, July 3 at 7.30pm.
The lively performance features work by writers and composers spanning the 1870s to the 1980s.
It begins with a celebration of Noel Coward and presents a brief look at the life and work of the man with a talent for writing musical and dramatic stage works.
The evening features a humorous and musical re-telling of the legend of St George and the Dragon in The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame.
It has words by David Grant and music in various styles including rock ’n’ roll.
The programme concludes with an extended version of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Trial by Jury incorporating numbers borrowed from other famous operas.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
INFORMATION: Entry is �7 for adults or �5 for concessions �5 (only available on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday performances. Tickets should be booked on 01480 830934.