Best of Britain coming to Brampton for lively and comical musical
WORKS by some of Britain’s much-loved writers and composers will be given a humorous twist and brought to life on stage in Brampton later this month.
Brampton Choral Society is presenting an evening of words and music entitled The Best of British at Brampton Park Theatre from Wednesday, June 30 to Saturday, July 3 at 7.30pm.
The lively performance features work by writers and composers spanning the 1870s to the 1980s.
It begins with a celebration of Noel Coward and presents a brief look at the life and work of the man with a talent for writing musical and dramatic stage works.
The evening features a humorous and musical re-telling of the legend of St George and the Dragon in The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame.
You may also want to watch:
It has words by David Grant and music in various styles including rock ’n’ roll.
The programme concludes with an extended version of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Trial by Jury incorporating numbers borrowed from other famous operas.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
INFORMATION: Entry is �7 for adults or �5 for concessions �5 (only available on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday performances. Tickets should be booked on 01480 830934.