In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- Credit: IWM
Thousands of spectators visited IWM Duxford for the 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show with Spitfires and Hurricanes among the aircraft to take to the skies.
IWM Duxford remembered 'The Few' at the returning Battle of Britain Air Show over the weekend.
After being cancelled last year due to the coronavirus pandemic, the aviation extravaganza was back for two days of aerial displays to thrill the crowd.
Iconic Hawker Hurricanes and Supermarine Spitfires took to the skies over the former World War Two air base.
There was a solo display from the 'NHS Spitfire', painted with a message of thanks on the underside of its wings and the names of those who donated to NHS Charities Together.
It was the first time the Battle of Britain event has taken place at the Imperial War Museum site since 2019 and there were more than 10,000 in attendance on the opening day.
Visitors to the Cambridgeshire airfield enjoyed a fine day on Saturday and despite being overcast with the threat of rain, the weather held just long enough for the flying programme to be completed on the Sunday.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 5 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
Crowds both days were entertained with flying displays from the Spitfire 'Big Wing', Historic Helicopters and plenty more.
There were also displays and activities taking place throughout the showground with living history groups and reenactors and plenty of vintage music and dancing.