Ballet Central comes to Cambridge
BALLET Central will be chasseing into Cambridge as part of their much anticipated 26th UK tour.
BALLET Central will be chasseing into Cambridge as part of its 26th UK tour.
The company, which features final year students from the famous Central Ballet School in London, are performing at 20 venues across the UK, including the Lowry Theatre in Salford and the Linbury Studio Theatre at the Royal Opera House.
The tour will showcase some of the dance profession’s leading choreographers, with pieces created especially for Ballet Central.
Choreographer Christopher Hampson said: “Ballet Central students are always professional, they understand how theatre works and they engage physically and, most importantly verbally, in the creative process.”
Audiences will be treated to top class performances in contemporary dance, jazz works, narrative pieces and street dance as well as classical ballet.
William Glassman, artistic director of Ballet Central told The Hunts Post: “There has been a huge surge in pubic interest in all forms of dance, largely stimulated by film and TV.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
“We are also very fortunate that so many top choreographers create works for this company, and Ballet Central offers an unrivalled way to sample the dynamism, skill and variety in dance today.”
INFORMATION: Ballet Central performs at The ADC Theatre in Cambridge on Tuesday, April 12. Show starts at 7.45pm. Tickets �8-�10 available from www.adctheatre.com or by calling 01223 300085.