Auditions for males who can dance, sing, act, and prepared to go The Full Monty
- Credit: Archant
Auditions are opening next week for the VAMPS’ production of The Full Monty which will be staged in St Neots next year.
Long-standing VAMPS member, and former chairman, George Kelly, needs six local men, who are prepared to get their kit off in front of packed audiences at The Priory Centre next April.
“Currently, we are looking for six brave volunteers to play our steelworkers,’ explained Kelly.
“They need to be able to act, sing and dance as well as release their inhibitions in front of expected packed houses.”
Kelly was one of the original six who performed to sell-out audiences 10 years ago when VAMPS brought The Full Monty to the town for the first and only time.
“I’m really excited to be part of the show again and would have loved to be one of the team – but the years have not been kind and I don’t want to scare people away.”
He emphasised that there are also a large number of parts in the show that don’t need to suffer exposure.
- 1 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 9 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
If you are interested in being in the show, auditions for both male and female roles for The Full Monty are to be held at The Eatons Centre, Eaton Socon, on Tuesday, December 8 and The Priory Centre, St Neots, on Thursday, December 10, from 7.30pm till 10pm.
INFO: More details can be found on the VAMPS Facebook page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.