Audience will be transported to the 1980s for drama club’s new performance Shakers
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Drama Club is performing the John Godber and Jane Thornton comedy Shakers next month.
The play is set in a trendy cocktail bar and the audience will be transported back to the 1980s when Duran Duran were topping the charts and a pint of beer was just 69p.
“This comedy is performed by just four fantastic actresses who transform instantaneously from hard working waitresses into more than 20 other characters,” said director Vicky Spurway.
Producer is Dean Laccohee and the parts are played by Chloe Fegan-Webb (Nicki); Sarah Comforth (Adele); Hayley Kendall (Carol) and Bronte Beckett (Mel).
Over the course of the evening, the audience will meet a host of different clientele, from shop girls to television producers, aspiring actresses, and trend setters to the not so au courant.
“You will witness the various characters as they knock back cocktail after cocktail and see how they behave,” added Vicky.
“Experience the waitresses’ frustration with difficult customers, sense their exhaustion and amusement, discover their hopes and fears.
- 1 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 2 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 6 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 New fleet for Huntingdon care provider
- 9 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 10 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
“Unlike our recent productions, we have the exciting new venue of Huntingdon Town Hall – this has given us more freedom and we have chosen to have audience seating surrounding the stage on three sides so that you can really be involved in the action and a member of the Shakers clientele.”
Shakers is being performed in the Assembly Rooms at the town hall, from July 12-15 at 7.30pm. Tickets can be booked via the club website or by contacting Ticket Source on 0333 666 3366 or on the night on the door. Prices are £10 (£8 concessions and for groups of four people or more) and Wednesday evening’s performance includes a deal of £5 per ticket for groups of 10 people or more.
INFO: For more information visit the club’s website www.huntingdondramaclub.org.uk.