Album Review: At Last-The Best of Etta James
A definitive collection of the late, great, Etta James’ most memorable songs.
The Best of Etta James
AT LAST, with on of the most distinctive opening lines in lyrical history, and covered to death- most notably by Beyonc� at Obama’s inauguration ball-has become the musical epitaph of matriarch of jazz, Etta James.
Along with empowerment anthem W.O.M.A.N and the painfully romantic I’d Rather Go Blind, this definitive compilation showcases the extraordinary talent of the Grammy Award winner.
Released just three days after her passing on January 20th, music label honchos were obviously keen to peddle the wares of one of the greatest female vocalists of all time, safe in the knowledge that her distinctive voice will always sell records.
And so it should.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 3 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough