Album Review: At Last-The Best of Etta James
A definitive collection of the late, great, Etta James’ most memorable songs.
The Best of Etta James
AT LAST, with on of the most distinctive opening lines in lyrical history, and covered to death- most notably by Beyonc� at Obama’s inauguration ball-has become the musical epitaph of matriarch of jazz, Etta James.
Along with empowerment anthem W.O.M.A.N and the painfully romantic I’d Rather Go Blind, this definitive compilation showcases the extraordinary talent of the Grammy Award winner.
You may also want to watch:
Released just three days after her passing on January 20th, music label honchos were obviously keen to peddle the wares of one of the greatest female vocalists of all time, safe in the knowledge that her distinctive voice will always sell records.
And so it should.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'