Acclaimed guitarist and harpist to perform at St Neots Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
They are a virtuoso pairing combining a flatpicking guitarist and an acclaimed Celtic harpist, and now Máire ní Chathasaigh and Chris Newman will take to the stage at St Neots Folk Club.
Held at the Priory Centre on Tuesday (July 22), the show will feature a selection of songs from the experienced musicians, who have more than 175 folk, Celtic, arts, harp, and guitar festival performances around the globe to their names.
They have given almost 2,000 concerts in venues ranging from tiny historic churches in England, Germany and Italy, to palaces in Kyoto and Istanbul.
Together they are famed for having one of the most distinctive sounds in modern acoustic music and have produced six duo and five solo CDs, plus collaborations with other artists from the Celtic, folk, swing, jazz and bluegrass scenes.
Over the years they have toured with musicians such as Altan, Sharon Shannon, Cherish the Ladies, Patrick Street, Mary Black, Aly Bain and Boys of the Lough.
Their recording collaborations include a guest appearance on Irish rock legend Rory Gallagher’s posthumous Wheels Within Wheels, and work with Dan Ar Braz, Liam O’Flynn, Danny Thompson, and Cathy Fink.
The concert promises an evening of outstanding musicianship from a celebrated partnership.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
INFORMATION: From 8pm-10.30pm. Entry costs £10 for non-members and £8 for members, available on the door. For more, call 01234 376278.