Acclaimed folk duo to come to Upwood Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
Folk favourites Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman will take to a Huntingdonshire stage for an evening of soothing sounds.
Acoustic aficionados can sit back and enjoy the atmosphere as two of the scene’s most accomplished musicians bring their eclectic repertoire – performed all over the world in a number of different guises – to Upwood Village Hall (UVH).
With Roberts taking care of vocals, piano and woodwind instruments, and Lakeman on guitar, listeners can expect a deft and captivating show. Following accolades from industry names such as Radio 2 and with critically-acclaimed release Hidden People under their belt, they will kick off UVH’s latest programme of performing arts events in style.
Next up will be a third visit from Edinburgh’s MsFits Theatre Company with its production Walking On The Roof on Friday, October 24. It is their latest comedy written by award-winning scriptwriter Rona Munro, with all parts played by the versatile Fiona Knowles. Munro is receiving rave reviews for her trilogy The James Plays, at the Edinburgh Festival before moving to London’s Olivier Theatre in September.
The Hunts Post has two pairs of tickets to the Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman show.
To stand a chance of winning, just tell us which folk artist is known for the popular songs The Times They Are A-Changin’, Blowin’ In The Wind, and Subterranean Homesick Blues.
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. The closing date is Friday, September 5.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
INFORMATION: The show will start at 7.45pm on Sunday, September 14. Tickets cost £10.50 and are available from Doug McLeod by calling 01487 814114 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, you can visit www.kathrynrobertsandseanlakeman.com. Tickets for the MsFits Theatre Company show, which starts at 7.45pm, cost £11 from the same contact. For more, visit www.msfits.co.uk. Tickets for the band St Agnes Fountain on Tuesday, December 16, have sold out. The organisers request they are contacted for returns only regarding this event.