Beautiful gardens on display during open weekend in Abbots Ripton
- Credit: Archant
Residents in the picturesque villages of Abbots Ripton and Wennington will be opening their gardens over the weekend of June 15/16.
Proceeds from the event will be going to towards the St Andrew's Church Fabric Fund, which helps with essential repairs to the building.
There will be a wide variety of gardens for visitors, including old established gardens as well as newly landscaped ones and smaller ones which have undergone changes and makeovers over the last two years.
Visitors can enjoy vibrant displays of vegetables, flowers, trees, plants in some beautiful scenic locations.
The hub of the event will be Abbots Ripton Primary School where visitors will be able to pick up a passport to gain entry to the gardens. Tea and coffee and cakes will be available and there will be live music along the way.
The event also includes a plant stall and raffle tickets and there are good parking facilities and toilets.
St Andrew's Church will be open over the weekend and members of the public are invited to visit the Wizard of Oz themed flower festival inside the church.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
"Many residents will be putting in an extraordinary amount of work to get their gardens looking their best, but we will be at the mercy of the weather so are keeping our fingers crossed," said Pamela Simpson from the Open Gardens committee.
INFO: Passports are available at Abbots Ripton Primary School, in Wennington Road, and the cost is £7 for adults, children are free. Parking is available at the school.