12 gigs in one night to raise money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Two musicians will be performing 12 gigs in one night to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
On December 16, singer-songwriter James Erskin and Paul Richards (percussion) will be playing 12 gigs in 12 Cambridge venues to raise money for the charity.
“We will be literally running from one venue to another, charity buckets in hand,” said Paul.
The duo will be playing a 25-minute set of popular songs, including a few Christmas numbers, at each venue.
The 12 gigs of Christmas aims to make as much money as possible for Macmillan; the initial idea was to play a charity gig but then we thought...well, why not play 12 in one day,” added Paul.
Here is the schedule of gigs:
10.30am: The Urban Shed
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 Old Mill upgrade resumes at Godmanchester
12pm: The Junction (foyer)
1pm: The Anchor
2pm: Sticky Beaks Cafe
3pm: The Old Bicycle Shop
4pm: The Six Bells
5pm: Relevant Records
6pm: The Tram Depot
7pm: The Duke of Cambridge
8pm: The Earl of Derby
9pm: The Grain and Hop Store
10pm: The Cambridge Blue