YOUTH FOOTBALL: St Neots Town are successful from the spot in Hunts Under 14 Cup final
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town got it spot-on as they lifted the Hunts Under 14 Cup on penalties.
The Saints youngsters beat St Ives Town 4-2 in a shoot-out following a 1-1 deadlock in the Sunday showpiece at Yaxley.
Alfie Lowe gave St Ives, of the Eastern Junior Alliance an early lead before St Neots levelled later in the first half thanks to an Alfie Wesley penalty after Josh Foley was brought down in the box.
And St Neots, who play in the Junior Premier League, proved just as effective from 12 yards when the match was settled from the spot following a blank second period.
All four St Neots players – Wesley, Renato Goncalves, Foley and Joseph Jackson - converted while St Ives’ second attempt was missed and their fourth effort saved by St Neots goalkeeper Alfie Medlow.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a second triumph in quick succession for St Neots after they won a major tournament in Holland over Easter.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives