YOUTH FOOTBALL: Repeat success for St Neots lads denies Bluntisham boys an honours treble
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town Under 16s enjoyed a Hunts Cup final repeat last Sunday.
Richard Churms’ lads lifted the county crown with a 3-2 victory against treble-chasing Bluntisham Blasters - the same team they beat to win the trophy at Under 15 level the previous season.
Callan Irvine hit the crucial strike midway through the second half of a showpiece staged at Yaxley, after the sides had shared four goals in the opening period.
Irvine and Sam Routs gave St Neots an early cushion which was wiped out, but Irvine settled the contest.
St Neots Town Under 16 squad: Ashley Brewer, Freddie Francis, Joe Brooks, Sam Routs, Owen Dunnett, Nehemiah Goodridge, Aaron Hiscock, Archie Sootheran, Callan Irvine, Marcel Rzeszutek, Josh Francis, Tom Leagas, Leon Fulianty, George Holman, Cameron Whiting, Billy Mobbs.
You may also want to watch:
* Eynesbury White Under 15s were beaten 9-2 by Peterborough RTC in their county final at the same venue last Sunday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment