YOUTH FOOTBALL: Donaldson delivers a super strike to earn trophy success for St Ives Town Under 13s
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town Under 13s ensured their debut season has come complete with a silver lining.
The local lads lifted the Cambridge & District Colts League Cup last Sunday following a 1-0 final triumph against Bluntisham Blasters Red.
A stunning Harvey Donaldson strike from long range midway through the second half settled a hard-fought showpiece clash staged at the Cambridge Stadium.
St Ives and Bluntisham could both still claim the Under 13 Division A title. St Ives currently sit second with three games to play while fourth-placed Bluntisham must still fit in six more league fixtures.
St Ives’ Under 14 side are chasing county honours this Sunday. They face St Neots Town in the Hunts Cup final at Yaxley (10.30am).
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Under 13s: Luis Sarchet, Luke Annis, Alfie Baker, Billy Chambers, Oliver Coatsworth, Harvey Donaldson, Carlo Giove, Gino Giove, Harvey Johnson, Daniel Legg, Louis Rowsell, Luke Dunn, Ben Hunter, Harvey Keates, Daniel Sarchet, Harry Suttie.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'