YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Buckden go on a second-half charge to earn county honours
- Credit: Archant
Buckden Harriers produced a stunning second-half turnaround to lift the Hunts Under 13 Cup after a clash of the champions.
Harriers have powered to Hunts Youth League title glory without losing a game while opponents Yaxley won the Peterborough & Junior Alliance League top-flight with a 100 per-cent record still intact.
It had the makings of a terrific county final last Friday night and it didn’t disappoint as Harriers wiped out a two-goal half-time deficit to roar to a 5-2 triumph.
They transformed the game with all five of their goals in little more than 15 minutes early in the second period.
Kieran Deans launched the fightback with the first of two spectacular free-kick strikes while Harriers striker Joe Spring hit a hat-trick to earn himself the match ball.
Buckden can complete an honours treble when facing Needingworth in the Hunts Youth League Cup final on Tuesday night. That match is at Godmanchester Rovers FC.
Buckden Harriers: George Austin, Bobby Clayton, Kieran Deans, Campbell Fraser, Oliver Roper-Gibbs, Ben Lemmon, Ryan Crouchman, Oliver Hurst, Joe Spring, Jonathan Jarvis, Martin Hill, Ethan Rice, Louie Stonnell-Fitzgerald, Yannis David.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Hearings on A428 upgrade are set to resume
- 10 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative