CYCLOCROSS: Six podium finishes during super weekend for St Ives Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club are celebrating six podium finishes after their riders starred in three different events last weekend.
Ralf Falkner produced a dominant display to take victory in the Under 14 Boys race at the 11th round of the Eastern League. He was two minutes clear of his closest rival at Redgrave, in Suffolk, where Nathan Gibson (Junior Male) and Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) took third places.
Max Falkner (fifth, Under 16 Boys), Angus Lawrence (sixth, Under 16 Boys) and Aron O’Connor (10th, Under 14 Boys) also finished in the top 10 at that venue.
There was another podium place at the 10th round of the Central League in Buckinghamshire thanks to Beatrice Pauley.
She powered to second place in the Under 16 Girls race at Swambourne House School and brother Dominic survived two crashes to take ninth at Under 14 Boys level.
St Ives enjoyed further success in the opening round of the Muddy Monsters Go Ride series of North Cambs.
Charlie Trimble triumphed at Under 6 level and Ralph Bicknell was runner-up in the Under 10 section where Ollie Bryan-Harris finished fourth.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse