Young rugby stars learn from the pros
ST IVES Rugby Club played host to Northampton Saints, who held a three-day coaching course at the club. More than 50 young rugby footballers aged from six to 17 took part in the sessions, organised by the Saints community department. As well as three day
ST IVES Rugby Club played host to Northampton Saints, who held a three-day coaching course at the club.
More than 50 young rugby footballers aged from six to 17 took part in the sessions, organised by the Saints' community department.
As well as three days of coaching, all participants took part in the O2 'Kick, Run, Pass' challenge.
Individual age group winners were William Stables at U7/8, Peter Ford at U9/10 and James Stables at U11/12. William Moore took the prize for rugby player above the age of 13.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Saintsman award, handed out by the Northampton coaches, was Helen Smith.
Every child who attended the session received certificates and goody bags and met Saints mascot Bernie.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
Saints community officer Ross Stewart praised the high standard of rugby and the level of enthusiasm demonstrated by the young stars.
* St Ives RFC is holding its registration day for junior rugby players on Sunday, September 2. It takes place at the club, on Somersham Road, St Ives, and gets underway at 10am.