Young ""let down"" by no show players
UCL Premier Division Desborough Town 2 St Neots Town 1 MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service. Despite having only 11 players available,
UCL Premier Division
Desborough Town 2 St Neots Town 1
MANAGER Steve Young was left fuming after being let down by three players on the morning of the game, meaning the manager was pressed into emergency service.
Despite having only 11 players available, Saints took the lead on 17 minutes through Wes Byrne after Young had seen his shot blocked by the home goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
A Richard Beckett slip allowed Tom Mills to put the home side level midway through the first half and substitute Michael Byrne scored the clincher on 67 minutes.
Young, a goalkeeper by trade, had earlier hit the crossbar with a 25-yard piledriver from his unfamiliar forward position but it was not to be for Saints.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The disappointed Saints manager said: "I'm very disappointed at having been let down and there's no way we would have lost this game with a full side.
"The lads did a very professional job and I maybe should have had a goal myself but the overwhelming feeling is of disappointment.