Young Huntingdonshire Athletic Club stars prepare for season with hat-trick in Peterborough
THIRTEEN young athletes from Huntingdonshire Athletics Club travelled to Bushfield Leisure Centre in Peterborough to take part in their first Sportshall meeting of the season.
It was a great experience for the youngsters who are in preparation for the county meets which start next month – and the club came away with a hat-trick of first places.
In the boys’ under-13s section, Joey Croft out-jumped everyone in the standing long jump with a leap of 2.10 metres while, in the same age group, Jake Balaam comfortably won the shot putt with a throw of 6.70 metres.
In the boys’ under-11s category, Julian Priest and Adam Taylor teamed up to win the one-plus-one lap relay in 26.1 seconds.
Meanwhile, making his debut in the Cambridge Parkrun 5k at Milton Park, Hunts AC’s 16-year-old athlete Fraser Deeprose made his mark with a fine third-place finish out of almost 300 runners.
You may also want to watch:
Depprose’s time of 18.20 puts him in eighth place on the club’s all-time rankings list. Deeprose’s mum, Jayne Springham, sliced 11 seconds from her best with a run of 25.46 to consolidate her ninth place in the all-time rankings. Ten-year-old Jessica Turner also made her debut at the event and was rewarded with a time 28.23 and 11th place in the club’s rankings.
RESULTS - U11 Boys: Julian Price & Adam Taylor (1st – paarlauf 83.7 secs, 1+1 lap relay 26.1); Juian Priest (speed bounce 43, standing long jump 1.62), Adam Taylor (speed bounce 43, standing long jump 1.84); U11 Girls: Frannie Chapman (vertical jump 39”, soft javelin 8.75m); Eleanor Phipps (standing long jump 1.40m, vertical jump 36”); Cheyanne Storie (speed bounce 40, soft javelin 7.50m); Jayella Potts (speed bounce 39, standing long jump 1.36m); Obstacle Relay 97.1 secs; 6 lap paarlauf 85.5 secs; 1+1 lap relay 28.9 secs; 4x1 lap relay 58.3; U13 Boys: Joey Croft (2-lap race 25.1, 6-lap race 83.1, standing long jump 2.10m – 1st); Tom Lynn (6-lap race 92.3, speed bounce 70; Jake Balaam (2-lap race 25.1, standing long jump 1.98, shot putt 6.70 – 1st); U13 Girls: Harriet Bruce (2-lap race 26.4, standing triple jump 5.71), Ellen Chapman (6-lap race 94.4), Nicole Covell (6-lap race 90.6, speed bounce 70, standing long jump 1.55), Maddie Markus (2-lap race 27.4, speed bounce 63, standing long jump 1.57).
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service